Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Joy - Summer Bird Spottings Today

This morning I saw an Oriole looking for nesting material in the garden. It was pulling on the jute cord strung as a support for the peas and on last year's hops stems still clinging to the fence. I was not able to see where he was headed with the material, but hopefully I will find out tomorrow.

On Sunday morning I put out two hummingbird feeders hoping to entice the birds to stay here for the summer months. Last year I put the feeders out in mid June and had three regular visitors. This evening, while washing dishes and looking out the window, I saw the first hummingbird of the season! Hopefully they will tour the gardens and decide to make their home here again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your comment. It will be reviewed before it is published so that I can avoid spam on my blog.