Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yearling in Field

I went outside to take some photos of finches, but of course they flew away! I was able to capture these images of this fawn in the field.



The adult deer around here are not afraid of humans. In fact they will stare you down! As I approached this fawn, it ran off, but did turn back to peak around the trees to see if I was still there. When it saw that I was, it gave a warning call and took off.

I think this was the young deer that was listening to the sound of the raccoon (see previous post).

The field has not been cut yet this season. We have had so much rain in the past three months that it is impossible to get the tractor out there; it is wetlands. I love how the grasses are growing tall. The red winged blackbirds and tree swallows love it too. They are in abundance this year. I imagine many other creatures have taken up residence here as well. I hope my relatives choose to keep this section of the property looking this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for your comment. It will be reviewed before it is published so that I can avoid spam on my blog.